How we use your information
Main Street Gifts (“We”) is a data controller for personal information provided by you, the data subject, (“You”) on our website. We will use this information subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any applicable data protection legislation in Ireland and the E.U. We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Privacy Statement sets out the basis on which we collect personal information from you or that you provide to us on our website. If you have any queries in relation to our use of your information you may contact us via our Contact Form.
Personal information collected
We collect and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your use of this website (including web pages visited, items viewed or added to your shopping cart and/or wish list, voucher redemptions, items you show an interest in, details of purchases you made, details of any comments and reviews made, how and when you contact us, details of your visits to our website and which site you came from to ours, your social media username if you interact with us through those channels);
- information that you provide for the purpose of registering with the website (including name, billing address, shipping address, phone number, email address and an encrypted version of your login password);
- information about transactions carried out over this website (including orders placed, products bought, device used, internet connection type, geographical location, ip address for security purposes);
- information that you provide for the purpose of subscribing to the website services (including name, billing address, shipping address, phone number, email address and an encrypted version of your login password);
- Any emails sent to us by you and any messages received through our online Contact Us form which are recorded and forwarded to the relevant section. Your email address will remain visible to all staff tasked with dealing with the query;
- The search facility on our website is an internal search function and only returns information that appears on the website.
Using personal information
We may use your personal information for the purposes of:
- Administering our website;
- Enabling your access to and use of the website services;
- Sending you products that you purchase;
- Sending you marketing communications.
Legal basis for processing
We collect and use your personal information on one or more of the following grounds:
- You have given consent;
- It is necessary to fulfil our contract with you;
- It is for the purposes of legitimate interests in our supply of a service / product to you which does not interfere with your rights and freedoms.
Sharing your information
Your information is processed by An Post, other postal services and Payment Services.
We only provide the information that they need to perform their specific services. They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them. We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
Examples of why we share your data are: Operational companies such as delivery couriers, payment processing companies, Direct marketing companies such as Sendgrid or mailchimp who help to ensure emails to you arrive to your inbox, IT support companies and other business systems who help to ensure you can place orders on our website and that we can support you in doing same.
We also use tools provided by Google and Facebook to analyse your shopping preferences and how you interact with or use our website.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In all such cases Main Street Gifts will only transfer such data where there is an adequate level of data protection in that country that is no less protective than that which is provided in Ireland.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Storing your information
We are committed to protecting the security of your information. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your information from unauthorised access and use.
Right to access, amend and erase your information
If you would like to request access to your information or ask that we amend your information or seek an erasure of your information please contact us setting out as much detail as possible.
If you have consented to the use of your information you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
We hope you are happy with how we use your information but if you are not you may lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Commissioner at firstname.lastname@example.org.